At the faculty meeting on Monday, Mike mentioned the option of using Google Classroom as a collaboration tool for each Core Competency group to use. Although designed for more of a teacher/student model, it can be adapted easily for the type of resource gathering, discussion and sharing we will be doing. Why try it?
- Provides a central location for people to have ongoing discussions (without big, long email chains)
- Fully integrates with our Google Drive documents
- Can be easily shared with faculty in other groups as it makes sense
We wanted to give you a quick introduction to Classroom and invite you to explore this tool. Here are two options for learning more:
- The first 3:30 minutes of this video can give you a very quick introduction to Classroom. The rest of the video is helpful only if you are interested in launching Classroom for your students.
- If you want to see a Google Classroom in action, please feel free to explore the Google Classroom Tutorial we created. To access it:
1. Make sure you are logged into your Applewild Google account
2. Go to classroom.google.com
3. To join a Classroom, find and click the “+” sign toward the top right of your screen
4. Enter the Class code: vxvmcj
As always, Mike and Molly are both here to help you explore this resource.